A pricing tier allows you to set a new price for a product when a certain quantity of a product has been added to a visitor's shopping cart. This is a great way to encourage larger orders by unlocking savings as customers shop on your website.
This tutorial looks into adding tiered pricing to an existing catalog. For a general tutorial on how to create a catalog, you can follow the video tutorial in this link.
NOTE: In order to use Tiered Pricing, you will need to be subscribed to a suitable plan that includes the "Tiered Pricing for Catalogs" feature. Please refer to the My Plan page for more information.
In the first part of this tutorial I am going to talk about how to setup tiered pricing. The second part focuses on how tiered pricing appears in the shopping cart on your website.
How to setup tiered pricing
1. Navigate to the Store > Catalogs area of your Fotomerchant account.
2. Click on the Catalog name of the existing Catalog you would like to add Tiered pricing to.
NOTE: If you don't yet have a catalog, you can follow the video tutorial in this link to set one up.
3. Click on the Use Tiered Pricing tick box.
4. In the From Qty box, you can set how many copies of a product your customer needs to purchase to unlock a better price. To modify the number use the up and down arrows that appear after placing the mouse on top of this field.
5. In the $ field, you can specify the new price that will be unlocked when the quantity that was set in step 4. has been added to the visitors shopping cart.
6. To add another tier, you can use the blue Add a Pricing Tier button.
7. When another Tier has been added, you can select the quantity again with the arrows on the From Qty box. The number in this box will need to be higher than the tier that was set before, otherwise the number will appear in red. In my example from above, the first tier is set to 5, so the next tier will at least need to be 6 or higher.
8. The price for the new tier can be set in the $ box to the right of the From Qty box for this tier.
9. The last step is to Save the changes, by using the green button on the bottom of the page.
How does tiered pricing appear in the shopping cart
When a customer clicks on the shopping cart icon on an image, they will see an orange banner below the product that has tiered pricing.
There will also be a grey and white question-mark icon next to this orange banner. Upon placing the mouse on top of this icon a black message with additional info appears.
Products can be added by using the plus icon next to a product. Customers can either select five copies of the same image or use the Continue Shopping button on the bottom to navigate to a different image.
When the tier for the product is reached, the unit price as well as the total will change.
When continuing to the next page by using the green Checkout button, the customers will still see that the initial price is crossed out and that they unlocked a better price.