If you have a customer who has made an error in his or her order, you may need to refund that customer for the payment.
For orders processed through PayPal, the transaction may have already been processed and the customer payment has already arrived in your account.
Here's how to issue a customer refund within PayPal for up to 60 days after the payment was sent.
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click My Account, then click History at the top of the page.
3. Find the payment you'd like to refund, then click Details.
4. Click Issue Refund.
5. Enter the refund amount, then click Continue.
6. Confirm the details, then click Issue Refund.
- If it has been more than 60 days after the payment, you need to use Send Money for your refund, which will attract a low transaction fee.