You can enable Google reCAPTCHA for your website to protect your Registration, Gallery and Gallery Category request for access forms from nasty spam robots. You will be required to sign up for a Google account to access Google reCAPTCHA.
1. Go to the Google reCAPTCHA website here and click Admin Console at the top right of the page. You may be required to log in with your Google account details.
2. Give the Google reCAPTCHA a label such as "John's Photography".
3. Select the type reCAPTCHA v2 and choose the first option "I'm not a robot" Checkbox
NOTE: Fotomerchant doesn't support reCAPTCHA v3, choosing this option will bring up an error message on your contact forms.
4. List all the domains associated with your website, you can find them in the Website > Domain name area of your Fotomerchant account.
- Enter your Fotomerchant Vanity Domain into this list
- If you have a custom domain registered through Fotomerchant or from a different registrar, make sure it is listed as well.
NOTE: Only use the root domain names, do not add http://, https:// or www to the domain name.
5. Accept the terms and services and use the Submit button to save your details.
6. This will bring up the reCAPTCHA keys as per the screenshot below. These keys will need to be copy/pasted into your Fotomerchant account, which is explained in the next step.
7. Open a new browser tab and log into your Fotomerchant account.
- Navigate to the Website > Settings area and click to expand the Website Spam Protection section.
- Copy/paste the site and secret keys from the reCAPTCHA account accordingly and use the Save button on the bottom of the page.