If you need help with the actual process of setting the Image Sort Order within galleries, then this FAQ will cover it for you.
Now if you are sorting your images by Filename..
It can be a touch confusing when sorting by Filename as sort algorithms are generally set up to sort numerically first and then alphabetically.
For example if you have files named:
Then sorting by File name ascending will result in this order:
Naming your files with at least a 3 digit suffix should help straighten this out!
So, rather than using the numeric suffix as simply -1, -2, -3... etc...
Try using -001, -002, -003... etc...
This would allow you up to 999 images associated with the gallery name "Wedding_Smith".
NOTE: If you imagine needing more than this you could take the naming suffix to 4 figures -0001.JPG
When exporting from Lightroom using our Lightroom Exporter, you can easily achieve this style of naming scheme.
1. Tick the Rename To option.
2. From the dropdown list next to the Rename To option, select the option Edit....
3. Select the preset Filename from the dropdown list at the top of the Filename Template Editor window.
4. In the text box for your Filename Template, add the text " - " next to the placeholder [Filename].
5. From the section Sequence and Date select the option Sequence # (0001) and press the insert button next to it.
6. The Filename Template at the top of the window should now show: [Filename] - [Sequence # 0001]
7. At the top of the window, from the preset dropdown, select Save Current Settings as New Preset....
8. Enter the preset name Filename - Sequence 0001.
9. Press Done.
10. The preset Filename - Sequence 0001 should automatically be selected as the Rename To option.