With the Coupon Discount feature, you will be able to create unique coupon discount codes and provide them to your customers. They can then copy / paste the code during the checkout process and unlock their discount.
Coupon discounts can be setup as a single use coupon, which is meant for a one time use only or for multiple uses and therefore can either be used by multiple clients or by one person repeatedly.
NOTE: In order to create a Coupon Discount, you will need to be subscribed to a suitable plan that includes the "Coupon Discounts" feature. Please refer to our subscription plan page for more information.
1. Navigate to the Store > Discounts area of your Fotomerchant account.
2. Use the + Coupon Discount button at the top right of the screen.
3. This will bring your to a new page, where in the first Drop Down box you can set if the Coupon code is Active or Inactive. If the Coupon is inactive, nobody will be able to use it on your website.
4. Fill in the Name field for the discount. The name will not be seen by visitors to your website, but it will help you identify the Coupon discount.
5. The Description field is optional and can be left blank. It will not be seen by visitors to your website and helps you identify the Coupon discount.
6. The Coupon Code is the actual code that you will provide to your customers, it can be something like SPECIAL20, XMAS15, Private30% etc. It can consist of letters, numbers or symbols. The customer will use this code during the checkout process to receive the discount.
When entering a Coupon Code, take note that this code is globally unique for your shopping cart. It can be used in any gallery and for any image or product. Try to also use a coding system that isn't easy to predict by website visitors.
7. In the next step you will set the Discount amount and whether you would like it value based or percentage based.
In the drop box you will find two options, + and %. If you select +, the discount will be value based (e.g. 20+ for $20 off). To get a percentage based discount (e.g. 20% off) you would select the %.
The discount field that currently shows 0 in the screenshot below is where you set the discount amount.
NOTE: It is possible to set the Discount Amount field to 100% if you wish. However you need to be aware that you (as the photographer) would then be footing the bill for the wholesale Print and Shipping costs for Direct Fulfillment orders when these would normally be passed on to your customer.
8. The Minimum Spend amount is what the customer needs to spend in a single purchase for the discount to be applied. The field should be set to a value of at least 1.
9. The Number of Uses field is very important. It defines how often a code can be used.
If it is set to 0, it will be available for unlimited uses.
If you would like to create single-use coupon discounts, make sure to set the Number of Uses to 1. This will avoid for repeated orders and sharing.
10. The Active From and Expiry Date settings can be used here if this coupon discount is only usable for a certain window of time.
11. When you're done setting up the Coupon Discount, click on the green Create button on the bottom of the page.