If you own your domain name you can point it from your domain registrar to your Fotomerchant website provided you are subscribed to a suitable plan. There are two parts involved in pointing your domain name.
Firstly, you will need to create your own individual verification record from within the Fotomerchant account. This is explained in the tutorial below.
The second step is to create the host records in your domain registrar account. Our Domain Transfer Tutorials can be of help with this if your domain is registered with any of these providers: GoDaddy, Crazy Domains, NetRegistry, Name.com, Domain.com or Melbourne IT.
NOTE: In order to point your own existing domain name to a Fotomerchant website, you will need to be subscribed to a suitable plan that includes the "BYO Domain" feature. Please refer to our subscription plan page for more information.
|Do you want our Support Team to take care of this for you?
For a one-off fee of $99 we will set up your domain.
Contact us today
Creating the Verification CNAME record:
1. Log into your Fotomerchant account and. Navigate to the Website > Domain Name area of your Fotomerchant account.
2. Select the I have an existing website domain to use option and then click the Start custom domain setup button.
3. This step is optional if you are using a subdomain. Otherwise, leave this field blank. Do NOT put www into this field.
4. Enter your main domain name without the .com (.net, .org, .com.au, etc...) into the next field.
5. Select the top level domain type from the drop down menu.
6. Click on the Link this domain to my account button.
7. On the next screen you will now see a big blue box at the top of the screen. Make sure to read the text in this box.
8. The system has now created your own individual verification record, which will need to be created as a CNAME record in your domain registrar account. In addition to that you will also be required to add A host records as well as a www CNAME record to your DNS Management area in your domain registrar account. Our Domain Transfer Tutorials will walk you through the creation of these records step by step.
Once the you have created the records in the domain registrar account, you will need to come back to this tutorial to verify the domain name as per steps 9 and 10 of this tutorial.
9. It may take some time for the CNAME record to publish across the network. Give it 10 minutes or so and then hit the Verify domain button.
10. If the domain verification is successful, you will see a green box appear:
If your domain verification was unsuccessful, please wait up to 10 minutes and try again by pressing the Verify domain button again until it verifies.
Our Domain Transfer Tutorials can be of help with this if your domain is registered with any of these providers: GoDaddy, Crazy Domains, NetRegistry, Name.com, Domain.com or Melbourne IT.