Below is a detailed step-by-step explanation of how to modify your DNS records if you are using NetRegistry as your domain registrar.
|Do you want our Support Team to take care of this for you?
For a one-off fee of $99 we will set up your domain.
Contact us today
1. In a new web browser window or tab, login to your NetRegistry account using your Account Reference and Password. Press the Login In button.
2. In another web browser and tab, login to your Fotomerchant account.
3. In your Fotomerchant account, navigate to the Website / Domain Name area of your Fotomerchant admin interface.
4. At the bottom of this page in the Custom website address section, choose the option I have an existing website domain to use and click the Start custom domain setup button to proceed.
5. Fill in your domain details on the next screen that appears. Carefully read the instructions in the blue box provided. Press the Link this domain to my account button to proceed.
6. On the following screen will be instructions on how to verify your ownership of this domain.
Your domain Verification Code will look similar to "dvriukravlaxbrgr" shown above. You will need the Verification Code at step (10) of this tutorial.
7. Now in your other web browser window or tab logged into Netregistry, press Manage link next to the domain you wish to set up.
8. Press the button marked New Zone Record on your Domain Dashboard.
9. In the section titled Add a zone record select CNAME Record from the drop down list and press the Create a new record button.
10. Enter the Verification Code from step (6) above into the Name field. Set the TTL field to 1800 and in the Host field enter the text domainverify.fotomerchant.com like so:
11. Click the Add Record button to create this record for your domain.
12. Go back to your Fotomerchant account and now press the Verify domain button at the bottom of the page you left off on.
If your domain has been successfully verified, you will see the following message appear on your screen. Press the Proceed to domain setup instruction button.
If your domain verification was unsuccessful, please wait up to 10 minutes and try again by pressing the Verify domain button again.
13. Once your domain is verified, the next step is to set up the other domain records required. Go back to your NetRegistry web browser window or tab.
14. In the section titled Add a zone record select CNAME Record from the drop down list and press the Create a new record button.
15. Enter www into the Name field. Set the TTL field to 1800 and in the Host field enter the text customerdomain.fotomerchant.com like so:
16. Click the Add Record button to create this record for your domain.
17. Create another zone record and this time select A Record from the drop down list and click the Create new record button.
18. Leave the Name field Blank. Set the TTL field to 1800 and in the Host field enter the text 18.104.22.168 like so:
19. Click the Add Record button to create this record for your domain.
20. Create another zone record and select A Record from the drop down list and click the Create new record button.
21. Leave the Name field Blank. Set the TTL field to 1800 and in the Host field enter the text 22.214.171.124 like so:
22. Click the Add Record button to create this record for your domain.
At the completion of this process your now have:
- Two new A host records.
- One Domain Verify CNAME record
- One www CNAME record
Note that if you have any trouble managing your DNS zone or registrar interface, then you can contact NetRegistry Support here. If you still have difficulty or any questions then you can contact us directly.
Do I need to change my domain nameservers to point a NetRegistry domain to my Fotomerchant website?
No, this is not required. Fotomerchant does not require what is called "nameserver delegation" in order to have a domain setup. The default nameservers configuration for your NetRegistry domain should be kept as-is.