Below is a detailed step-by-step explanation of how to modify your DNS records if you are using Crazy Domains as your domain registrar.
|Do you want our Support Team to take care of this for you?
For a one-off fee of $99 we will set up your domain.
Contact us today
How do I create & update an A Record?
What is an A Record?
What is a CNAME Record?
How to add, delete & change your Name Servers
I updated my Name Servers and they are not working
How to Update a Name Servers IP Address
1. In a new web browser window or tab, login to your Crazy Domains account using your Username and Password. Press the Login In button.
On successful login you will see a Visit My Account button which you should process to access your account area.
2. In another web browser and tab, login to your Fotomerchant account.
3. In your Fotomerchant account, navigate to the Website / Domain Name area of your Fotomerchant admin interface.
4. At the bottom of this page in the Custom website address section, choose the option I have an existing website domain to use and click the Start custom domain setup button to proceed.
5. Fill in your domain details on the next screen that appears. Carefully read the instructions in the blue box provided. Press the Link this domain to my account button to proceed.
6. On the following screen will be instructions on how to verify your ownership of this domain.
Your domain Verification Code will look similar to "dvriukravlaxbrgr" shown above. You will need the Verification Code at step (12) of this tutorial.
7. Now in your other web browser window or tab logged into Crazy Domains, press Domains button at the top of the page.
8. In the Domains area you will see a list of domains available to your account. Click on the domain that will be connected to Fotomerchant.
9. Scroll down the page to an area called DNS Settings.
10. Press the "Hamburger" button to the right of the DNS Settings area and select Add Record from the menu.
11. In the form that appears, select CNAME Record from the drop down list and press the Add button.
12. Enter the Verification Code from step (6) above into the Sub Domain field and in the IP Address field enter the text domainverify.fotomerchant.com like so:
13. Click the Update button to create this record for your domain.
14. Go back to your Fotomerchant account and now press the Verify domain button at the bottom of the page you left off on.
If your domain has been successfully verified, you will see the following message appear on your screen. Press the Proceed to domain setup instruction button.
If your domain verification was unsuccessful, please wait up to 10 minutes and try again by pressing the Verify domain button again.
15. Once your domain is verified, the next step is to set up the other domain records required. Go back to your Crazy Domains web browser window or tab.
16. Press the "Hamburger" button to the right of the DNS Settings area and select Add Record from the menu.
17. In the form that appears, select CNAME Record from the drop down list and press the Add button.
18. Enter www into the Sub Domain field and in the IP Address field enter the text customerdomain.fotomerchant.com like so:
19. Click the Update button to create this record for your domain.
20. Press the "Hamburger" button to the right of the DNS Settings area and select Add Record from the menu.
21. In the form that appears, select A Record from the drop down list and press the Add button.
22. Add an additional A records to this form by pressing the + Add A Record button:
In the first A record leave the Sub Domain field Blank and set the IP Address to 22.214.171.124.
In the second A record leave the Sub Domain field Blank and set the IP Address to 126.96.36.199.
23. Click the Update button to create these records for your domain.
At the completion of this process your now have:
- Two A host records
- One Domain Verify CNAME record
- One www CNAME record
Note that if you have any trouble managing your DNS zone or registrar interface, then you can contact Crazy Domains Support here. If you still have difficulty or any questions then you can contact us directly.